Welcome to the Open Decisions Career Site.
We are accepting resumes from knowledgeable, dedicated and energetic individuals who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career. We offer a fast-paced environment and provide employees with opportunities for professional growth, as well as the flexibility to achieve a balance between work and personal life.
Linux/Vmware Admin (5 + year experience) (Job ID: #13)
Posted Date: Nov 21, 2013
About the Job
Open Decisions is a fast growing IT system integration company, We specializing in delivering tailored IT solutions (Application Readiness Service, Enterprise Installation Services and IT Maintenance/Support Services) to our customers, With a group of senior Sun, HP and IBM technical experts, Open Decisions has evolved its service into the ORACLE, SUN, HP, IBM and HDS system deployment, IT architecture and IT out-sourcing.
The Linux/Unix Systems Administrator is responsible for installing, patching, upgrading and maintaining UNIX/Linux (Red-hat LINUX 5/6, Solaris etc…) operating system and various third party products in a Unix server environment and to ensure the ongoing smooth operation of UNIX/Linux based systems through automation, capacity planning and tuning, identifying and correcting software and hardware problems.
The ideal Candidate must have 5+ years of experience in UNIX administration, familiar with Red-hat LINUX, VMware operating system, knowledge of VERITAS Volume Manager, experience with Scripting (Perl, Shell). Candidate is also required to possess related degrees and certifications of Redhat Linux.
- Plan and Implement Operation system/Hardware infrastructure installation.
- Interaction with Sales reps, and other Technology staff to provide technical direction, answer questions and solve problems.
- Install, customize and configure Red-hat Linux, Solaris and VMware Operation system, apply patches, manage file systems.
- Design and Implement Cluster system such as VERITAS clusters, Sun Clusters.
- Participate in the development and implementation of system-based environment/configurations to support the evolving business needs.
- System failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Business continuity planning;
- Hardware/software configuration and management
- Technical support and general troubleshooting
- Manage and lead hardware and software migration and upgrade efforts of varying size and complexity.
Required Technical Skills:
- Expert level knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6, Vmware and SAN (HDS,EMC)
- 5+ years of experience in UNIX systems administration in an enterprise environment
- In-depth hardware (IBM Power, IBM Blade, SUN server, HP Blade ) installation and configuration knowledge
- Ability to configure UNIX and non-UNIX Virtualization technology such as VMware and RHEV
- Understanding of TCP/IP technologies including DNS, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP and NTP
- Experience with scripting languages such as PHP/sh/bash/Perl
- Familiar understanding of UNIX internals, including kernel settings, network, storage configuration, management and monitoring
- Familiar with VERITAS volume manager
- Experience in configuring SAN and NAS connections.
- Experience in Cisco switch is an asset
- Knowledge of the principles of Capacity Planning and Performance Monitoring
- Knowledge of backup and recovery software
- Demonstrated initiative, customer orientation and team work competencies
- Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people
Education and Certification:
- College diploma or University degree or equivalent business related experience.
- More than 5 years Linux/UNIX system administrator experience with hardware/software.
- Red-hat Linux certified.
This position requires the successful candidate have a positive attitude, a strong desire to learn new concepts and a willingness to take on challenges well beyond their current comfort zone.
Excellent communication and verbal skills and the ability work with other group members in order to complete multi-server projects with aggressive timelines is a requirement.
Click on the button below to send us your resume and cover letter
Please note that you must be logged in to send us your resume and cover letter through the website. Click here to log in.