Welcome to the Open Decisions Career Site.
We are accepting resumes from knowledgeable, dedicated and energetic individuals who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career. We offer a fast-paced environment and provide employees with opportunities for professional growth, as well as the flexibility to achieve a balance between work and personal life.
System Engineer (Job ID: #22)
Posted Date: Aug 22, 2016
Open Decisions is the leading Canadian IT company based in Markham Ontario. Open Decisions provides System Integrated Solutions with IBM blades, Cisco UCS, VMware, Linux and storage technologies. We specializing in delivering tailored IT solutions (Application Readiness Service, Enterprise Installation Services and IT Maintenance/Support Services) to our customers.
Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. We innovate and pride ourselves on creating new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help our customers build out, maintain, and troubleshoot their infrastructures. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
• Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure for clients
• Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
• At least 3 years’ work experience in the design, implementation, and support of MS SQL Server 2008
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments
• Experienced in Windows Server and VMware ESX. Microsoft Active Directory, SharePoint experience is a great asset
• MCSE, MCP, VMware and/or other relevant certification is preferred
• CCNA or equivalent experience in Cisco and HP/Dell/IBM environment
• Familiar with Shell scripting languages. (Bashshell, Powershell), knowledge of virtualization solutions, particularly VMware, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint
• Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems (W2K8 r2, W2K12, Win 7, Win 10).
• Experience with Disaster Recovery, knowledge of installation and configuration of hardware/software
• Proficient in documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
• Strong knowledge of network management in a Cisco and Lenovo/IBM/HP/DELL environment
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Multitasking in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, ability to take initiatives
Thank you for your interest in Open Decisions; please note, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume via Indeed.ca. Thank you for your interest in Open Decisions, please note that only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma
Click on the button below to send us your resume and cover letter
Please note that you must be logged in to send us your resume and cover letter through the website. Click here to log in.